Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Remarkable Week

Randers Rusted Steel Street Retaining Wall
Glass Apartment House

We have had a remarkable week. 

I’ll give you the “hear say” story first.  It ties in with the experience we had this past spring when the two brothers from Salem and Salt Lake came to digitize the “Kristus” and the Apostles in Vor Frue Kirke.  As I mentioned in the blog of that week, the statues are planned for the Visitor’s Center adjacent to the Rome Temple.  The discussion of the statues came up at a gathering this week where it was related to us that when they were thinking of purchasing the property for the Rome Temple the following occurred:  Someone from the First Presidency of the Church would approach the Vatican about the project.  Then they felt that maybe one of the Twelve should set up a meeting with a Cardinal instead.  Eventually it was decided that one of the Seventy should meet with the Cardinal.  As the Seventy and the Cardinal met to discuss the project they discovered they were both from the same country.  Not only that, they were from the same city.  Not only that, they were from the same school and had common associates.  Following a long meeting of childhood reminiscing, the Cardinal said: “If you run into any difficulty with your planning, just let me know and I will help you.”
Glass Apartment House

Two weeks ago as I was struggling with three specific concerns, I went to an empty room in the Temple during a break in my schedule.  I presented the concerns in prayer and asked for help in formulating an approach to resolving the concerns.  Immediately I received clear solutions, which I put into effect.  This week I received feedback which confirmed that what I had put into effect was correct. 

Elder Bednar was the speaker at a Fireside on Wednesday of this week.  Though he conducted a question and answer format for an hour and a half to two hours, his general message was that we should act instead of being acted upon.  When we pray, we should ask what we can do to solve our concerns rather than pray that our problems, concerns or illnesses would be removed from us.  I felt my approach in the Temple had confirmed what he was saying.  He also dealt with Temple Service, and Priesthood structure or Priesthood government.  He clarified the evolution of the role of the Seventy.  This is something we have all been witness to during the past fifteen to twenty years.  Though it is outlined in the Doctrine and Covenants it has only come to full clarity lately, as the Church has become a World Wide Church.  It was a wonderful fireside and was attended by 1100.
3XN Saxo Bank

This week four young girls from Italy came to the Temple with their Young Women’s President to do baptisms each day for four days.  The fourth day, yesterday, the Italian girls joined with six African Young Adult brothers from Sweden, and four Danish girls from Fredericia for an international baptismal service.  We really enjoy our assignment in the Baptistery.

The theme of this blog is “putting things in order”; on this side of the veil and on the other side.  The gallery will show some examples of how the Danish architects are also trying to put things in order.  Ha, ha.

Enghøj Kirke
Enghøj Kirke
3XN Kronjutland Bank
3XN Ørsted High School
3XN Bella Sky Hotel
3XN Bella Sky Hotel
3XN Bella Sky Hotel
Love you,
Mom and Dad
Ældste og Søster Larsen 

1 comment:

  1. I love the architecture that is there & that high school is so beautiful.
    Miss you
    Lis

    ReplyDelete