 |
| Fall at Liselund |
 |
| Fall at Liselund |
Next week we will be finishing our third month in Denmark. We're not sure where the time is going. We are learning quickly, which is one of the blessings of missionary service. I just about have the ordinances memorized in Swedish, after which I will start on German. The most common language needs in the Copenhagen Temple are, Danish, Swedish, English and German. I actually had the opportunity to use my Swedish in the Temple this week.
While visiting in Frederikshavn a couple of weeks ago, Tage Holm-Larsen, whom I have spoken of before, and whom I had the opportunity to teach the gospel, told us of his bout with back pain a few years ago. Some of you may remember the issue I had with back pain last year. I related to his story; however, he was in the hospital for a long period of time and did have surgery, which I was able to avoid.
 |
| Always room for a horse or two |
This past week a brother came to me in the Temple and asked if I was the one who had been in Frederikshavn. He said a few years ago he had been suffering from back problems and was hospitalized for an extended period. While he was in the hospital he roomed with my friend Tage. It was Tage who taught him the Gospel in the hospital. He expressed appreciation for my indirectly teaching him about the Church. We never know how far out the reach of our Church Service will go.
 |
| "Kristine" |
President and Sister Ljungh (Young) finished out their service as Temple President and Matron this week. They left yesterday to return to their home in Sweden. They have been here in Copenhagen for 5 years. For 2 years he served as counselor to President and Sister Jacobs (old friends of ours from 1968) and 3 years as the President. You can imagine how difficult it has been this past week for them to leave and for the rest of us to see them go. He has basically been serving in the Temple since it was opened. It’s not the length of time he has been here, but the kind of service he gives that will be missed. During the 3 months we have been here they have been available to help us at a moments notice. He not only worked in the Temple, but he worked outside on the grounds. He raked leaves, swept the plaza and cleared the snow. On a personal note, he has worked tirelessly with Norma on her Swedish genealogy (he is an expert). He is also a River Pilot, but has spent most of his time since joining the Church 30 years ago, in Church Service. Besides spending 5 years in the Temple they have been on two missions.
 |
| "Kristine" |
We also took an extended walk in the Fall air yesterday to see the Sculpture “Kristine” by Dennis Smith (also an acquaintance of ours from
1968). It is a tribute to his great-grandmother Kristine who emigrated to Utah in the 1800s. The plaza is dedicated to all Danish Emigrants who sailed to America, and especially the Latter-Day Saints who were the majority of them.
 |
| Fall |
Lest you think that our morning walks are always a casual “walk in the park”, I am adding some photos of the 500 step trek down and the 500 step trek back up the Møns Klint cliffs.
It’s difficult to keep the blog short, but I’m trying.
 |
Down
|
Love you,
Mom & Dad
 |
| Still Down |
 |
| Can you see the bottom? |
 |
| Is this the only way back? |
 |
| 250 |
 |
| below the roots |
 |
| Evening comes early this time of year |
 |
| Mom, Pop and Siblings |
 |
| Mor, Far og Børnene |
Some have asked for enlargements of the family - just click on these images. Elder & Sister Larsen
No comments:
Post a Comment