Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Temple And The Mission

Housing Complex in the hills by Jorn Utzon
Housing Complex in the Hills

I’m sorry for causing many of my readers to wonder if I had died during my three-week absence from the blog, and now I’m late again.  I know many of you think we are on some sort of vacation and spend our entire time site seeing.  We are blessed to see many interesting things and enjoy many long walks in the country and city parks; however, we do have other responsibilities, which keep us very busy with the Lord’s work.  We are back in the Temple again after the two-week’s closure and have had confirmed to us that
though much of the beauty outside is satisfying the beauty in the Temple is what we are assigned here to enjoy.  It is beautiful, peaceful, and extremely fulfilling.

We finally finished the Mission Office.  That took almost a year (those kind of wheels turn very slowly).
Housing Complex in the Hills

 Much of the past two weeks outside of the Temple has been spent working for the Danish Mission in designing exhibits to be used on the streets and plazas.  Working with President Andersen is also a fulfilling part of our assignment in Denmark. We try to give Tuesdays to that work.  We are excited about the exhibits now.  In our last meeting we decided to set December 1st as the goal to set it up on the plaza for Christmas use.  That means that we have devoted all the free time from the Temple getting the designs to a point where the President can approve them for fabrication.  We have two weeks at the most to get it to the fabricators.  That means approving the layout, and then getting the photographer in gear and finishing the artwork for the printers.  We really like what we have so far.
Housing Complex in the Hills

I’m squeezing the blog in now while waiting for a phone call.  It’s ringing!  I’ll close for now.

Housing Complex in the Hills
Housing Complex in the Hills
Mission Office Before
Mission Office Before
Mission Office After
Mission Office After
Mission Office After
Mission Office Before
We Love you,
Mom and Dad
Ældste or Søs Larsen
    

1 comment:

  1. The office looks GREAT, & so 'you'. A year is a long project. Must be nice to be done.
    I have always thought Dec 1st was a great date. ;o)
    Miss you,
    Lissy

    ReplyDelete