Sunday, March 27, 2011

There is Sunshine . . . . . .

Hørsholm Mill
Temple Presidency

We have been trying to have the Temple Presidency to dinner for several months.  Their schedule and Norma’s arm and knee problems have prevented this from happening.  I’m not the entertaining type, so this delay has been welcome from my vantage; however Norma is serious about her dinner parties.  The long and the short of it is, we had the presidency to dinner last Monday, and I must admit that it was a very enjoyable evening.  We have a better understanding of each other, and appreciate the opportunity of working with them each day in the Temple.

Daylight Savings Time kicked in this morning, and I mean kicked in!  I got up and did some studying, then got dressed and walked over to choir practice a 9 am in preparation for singing the prelude music for Sacrament Meeting.  Norma doesn't sing in the choir.  As I walked in the building I could hear the choir.  I didn't think I was late.  I came in the Chapel and thought it was strange that there were so many who had come early to hear the choir practice.  I walked up to the stand and took my place in the choir just as they finished and walked down to take their places in the congregation.  The prelude music was finished.  The clock said 9 am, so it took my little brain a minute to determine that everyone else had turned their clocks forward during the night, but no one had told us about it.  It was a good April Fools trick, but a few days early.

We had an interesting experience this week while we were visiting an apartment complex called Diana's Have.  There was a sign saying that it was private and would we please respect those that live there by not entering the property.  I was taking photos from the street and a man opened his skylight in the attic and asked what I was doing;  was a taking photos for an architectural magazine.  I explained that I was just taking photos for my own enjoyment.  He heard my accent and asked where we were from.  Because we had come from so far away and he was also an architect, he would give us a tour around, even inside one of the empty apartments.  When we were in the middle of the Grand Tour, he asked if we attended the Søborg Ward.  He had seen Norma's missionary tag.  The conversation then turned to the Church.  It turns out that he is an inactive member of the Church.  His reasons for inactivity are typical.  He said:  "It's too hard to be a member".  We hope we can change that for him.

We have had several sunny days this week, and the “architect” took control of our walks.  I reviewed a beautiful book with the title “250 Years of Danish Architecture”, so you might find a sprinkling of architectural photos in our blog periodically.  I promise that it will not take 250 years, nor will there be 250 photos, but here are a few.  Mostly because it is 10 pm on Sunday evening and I have just started the blog with a little bit of “writer’s cramp”.
Egedal Kirke

Diana's Have
Kvarterhus
Apartment House
Apartment House
Elevated Metro Rail in Ørestad
Ørestad Business District
Diana's Have
Love you,
Mom and Dad
Elder and Sister Larsen

1 comment:

  1. Well, that is why missionaries are to always wear their name tags, you never want to miss an opportunity to share The Gospel.
    How cool that you got a tour. The buildings are beautiful. Are those triangles on the apartment building their patios? How fun.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Miss you,
    Lissy

    ReplyDelete