| Danish Design Museum |
| "Cloud" Relief |
We stumbled on the Danish Design Museum the other day. It has exhibits on Danish design from the 1950s to the present. Among the exhibits on display now are the yearly awards for excellence in design for 2010. Photos are attached.
I don’t know if they give awards for excellence in medical care, but you might be interested in hearing from those of us who have experienced this care personally.
I’m sure you conservatives are waiting for me to “bash” socialized medicine, while you liberals are crossing your fingers that I will say something good about it. Well, I want everyone who reads my blog to be happy, so there should be something here for all.
| Swan Street Light |
When we arrived last August, we were immediately assigned a doctor. I have a male doctor and Mom has a female doctor. Because of Mom's need to have her blood thinner regulated, we visit the doctor’s office regularly. She has also had an infected foot which needed close medical care for several months. We would have to say, though the office décor and equipment was lacking, the care was excellent (and free, I might add). As you know from our last blog, Mom also visited the emergency room at the Gentofte Hospital. Wonderful care, though much of the two hours was spent in the corridor waiting for the doctor on call to review the results of the x-ray.
| Children Transport Bicycle |
This is a “equal opportunity” blog, so you should know that Mom is not the only medical patient living in this apartment. I had a TURP operation last March in Portland. Unfortunately I have had continual problems since. (I should put you all at ease by saying that I feel well and healthy and able to do all that the mission requires.) I have been on antibiotics, both in Portland and Denmark, while they have been trying to determine what the problem is. This next part is for the conservatives. In November I was finally referred to the specialist clinic. I called to make the appointment. The soonest I could get in to see the specialists was January 26th. I went to the appointment only to be told by the specialist that he couldn’t do anything for me until I finished five days of intense antibiotics he would proscribe. I should call him after I finished the pills and he would treat me. After the antibiotic treatment I called to see the specialist. The first date he could see me is April the 26th. Of course, by that time the effects of the antibiotic treatment would be past history. It was finally time to see my regular doctor and complain about the length of time I was waiting for specialist appointments. He was very apologetic and sent a letter of reference to the local hospital. The hospital notified me of an appointment date for March 11th with their clinic. The service has picked up significantly. I received some tests, met with an RN and a doctor, and left with some positive assignments which should solve my problem. These assignments are to last for two months, at which time they will test to see if the problem has been solved satisfactorily. I don’t want to “bite the hand that feeds me”, so this should not be interpreted as a complaint, only as a first hand narrative of our personal experience with the system. I must say, it is comforting to know that we can get medical care without worrying about “breaking the bank”.
| Felt Cloud |
We feel spring in the air. It is not here yet, but by contrast to the hard winter, we can go outside without the biting wind turning our face to hard plastic.
We love you,
Mom and Dad
Elder and Sister Larsen
That is an insanely long time to wait for an appointment.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are getting things fixed, without breaking YOUR bank. Don't the Danes pay around 50% in taxes though? Seems like it might break someone's bank.
The museum has some beautiful pieces. You must have enjoyed the visit.
We have missed you this week with all the hospital visits, Kyton, Dash & Kae seem to be doing well though, so all is good. We are being blessed for your service, so thank you.
All our love,
Lis